NetResults Tracker Version 7.2.0 System Requirements
The system requirements for NetResults Tracker version 7.2.0 are as follows.
If you are planning to use virtualization software, the virtual machine must meet the requirements below. In addition, please review our recommendations for using Tracker with virtualization software.
Web Browser (End User) Machine
- Internet Explorer (version 11.0, Compatibility View should not be used), Chrome (version 46.0+), Firefox ESR (version 45.0+), Firefox (version 45+), Microsoft Edge (version 13+), or Safari (version 10.0 - 13.1). Even though it may still work with Tracker, we strongly recommend against using any browser version which is no longer receiving security fixes from its vendor.
- No software needs to be installed on the web browser machine (other than a supported web browser). Tracker software is only installed on the web server machine.
Web Server Machine
- A 1.0 GHz single core processor is required. A 2.0 GHz (or faster) dual core processor is recommended.
- A minimum of 1 GB of RAM is required. 3 GB of RAM is recommended, more if the DBMS is on the same server.
- 75 MB of disk space to install Tracker with one workgroup, plus approximately 50 MB of disk space for each additional workgroup. These estimates include 20 MB of disk space for file attachments per workgroup. You may need more. These estimates include 20 MB of disk space for each workgroup database. This is generally sufficient for up to 2000 records (issues). Your actual disk space usage depends on how many records (issues) you have and how much data you enter in each record. If a workgroup is configured to use MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle as the database, the database may be stored on another machine (the database server machine). If you are using MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle, additional disk space is required for the transaction log(s) (amount of disk space required depends on the logging options you have configured).
- Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit version).
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 10.0 (included with Windows Server 2019/2016), IIS 8.5 (included with Windows Server 2012 R2), IIS 8.0 (included with Windows Server 2012), IIS 7.5 (included with Windows Server 2008 R2), or IIS 7.0 (included with Windows Server 2008).
- Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 5.0. Sun JRE version 8.0 does not currently work with the Sun JavaMail software that we use for sending and receiving emails, so it cannot be used. However, you can have both Version 8.0 and 5.0 installed on the same server (if you already have Java 8.0 installed, you can still install Java 5.0 and Tracker will automatically detect and use version 5.0). Download Sun Java Runtime Environment version 5.0.
- The following required items are included with all supported versions of Windows Server (2019, 2016, 2012 and 2008), but are listed here for the sake of completeness. MDAC 2.5 or greater. Microsoft JET 4.0 Service Pack 5 or greater. Microsoft JScript 5.5 or greater.
- In order to integrate Source Code Control with Tracker, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe Version 6.0 Server with Service Pack 5 or greater is required.
- If you are using MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle as the database server, the database driver (client) software must be installed on the web server machine.
- The web server machine is the only machine on which you need to install Tracker software.
Database Server Machine
A database server is not required to use Tracker. By default, it will use a Microsoft Access (Jet 4.0) database (via the drivers on the web server machine). However, Tracker can also be used with any of the following database systems.
- MySQL 5.6
- MySQL 5.7
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (Standard, Enterprise, Web, or Express Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (Standard, Enterprise, Web, or Express Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (Standard, Enterprise, Business Intelligence, Web, or Express with Tools Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Standard, Enterprise, Business Intelligence, or Web Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (Standard, Enterprise, Workgroup, or Web Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (Standard, Enterprise, Workgroup, or Web Edition)
- Oracle Database 11g (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition One)
- Oracle Database 10g (Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition One)
For database server hardware requirements for MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle, please consult the appropriate Microsoft or Oracle documentation. No Tracker software is installed on the database server machine(s).
Preparation for Installing Tracker
Details about how to verify that you have the proper components installed on your web server and database server and where to download them (if you do not have them) can be found in Preparation for Installing Tracker.