Upgrade from Version 6.7.x (6.7.0 - 6.7.3) to Version 6.7.4
Please use the information below to upgrade from Version 6.7.x (6.7.0, 6.7.1, 6.7.2 or 6.7.3) to Version 6.7.4.
- Prior to installing the software, please make sure that you meet the Version 6.7.4 Requirements.
- Review the Preparations required to set up the web and database servers.
- Review the Upgrade Preparation section to find out how the upgrade will affect your Version 6.7.x data.
- Review the Known Limitations (recently discovered issues) in the latest release.
- Upgrade your installation. This procedure assumes that you are installing NetResults Tracker Version 6.7.4 on the same machine where you have NetResults Tracker 6.7.x installed. If you are installing NetResults Tracker Version 6.7.4 on a different machine than where you have NetResults Tracker 6.7.x installed, please use the following Move and Upgrade KB article for instructions.
This section provides information about changes from version 6.7.0, 6.7.1, 6.7.2, or 6.7.3 to 6.7.4.
Getting to Know Version 6.7.4
You can learn about what's new in Version 6.7.4 by reading the Features and Fixes pages. You can also try out version 6.7.4 by requesting a Personal Live Trial on our web site. Within one business day we will set up a workgroup exclusively for your use on one of our web servers. All you need is a web browser.
Configuration Changes to Make Prior to Upgrade
There are no configuration changes you need to make prior to upgrade. To maintain backward compatibility most new features are not enabled during the upgrade. Instead, you can enable them as you see fit after the upgrade is complete. The only thing you need to do prior to upgrade is to make a backup of your installation.
Changes Made by the Upgrade
When a chart is run on the Home or Metrics pages when Java is not enabled or supported by the browser, the chart will be displayed as a table.
The applet used to generate charts in Tracker has been signed to comply with the requirements for using newer versions of Java. When you run a chart, a message will be displayed asking if you would like to run the application (chart). You can check a box to keep this message from being displayed again in the future and click Run to see the chart. For more information about how to set up Java and your browser to run Tracker charts, please review this Knowledge Base article.
- Login to the web server machine as a local Administrator.
- Prior to installing NetResults Tracker Version 6.7.4, block all of your workgroups via the Workgroup Management System (WMS) while you perform the upgrade. To end any active sessions and block a workgroup:
- Login to WMS and click on the Admin icon
- Select the option Block / Unblock Workgroups, then click on the Continue button
- Check the box in the upper left corner of the workgroups list to select all workgroups, then click on the Block button. If the select all checkbox is not available in your version, select a workgroup, then click on the Block button. Repeat this to block each workgroup.
- BACKUP ALL OF YOUR NetResults Tracker DATABASES AND ATTACHMENT FILES BEFORE PROCEEDING. Instructions for backing up your installation can be found here. If you are using a virtual machine, take a snapshot. It is REQUIRED that you either copy the database file(s) and attachment files to a safe place (Access only), perform a backup (Access, SQL Server or Oracle) or take a snapshot. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS NETRESULTS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OF ANY DATA AS THE RESULT OF THE UPGRADE PROCESS.
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus software. This is recommended so that your anti-virus software does not prevent the installation program or the Workgroup Management System (WMS) from performing operations such as copying files, running scripts, configuring your web server, setting file permissions and registry entries. Your anti-virus software can be reactivated safely after you have completed the installation steps and any necessary WMS configuration.
- In Windows Explorer, right click on the installation setup program nrtee674.exe (NetResults Tracker Enterprise Edition 6.7.4) and select "Run as Administrator". Enter the corresponding password, if prompted. The installation program will stop and restart the IIS web server as part of the installation. Please note as of 6.7, all installations use the Enterprise Edition package so that you can enable the Enterprise Edition features with additional license keys.
- When the installation setup program has finished, you will be asked to reboot your system. You must reboot your system before proceeding to the next step.
- Login to the Workgroup Management System (WMS) by going to Start > Programs > NetResults Tracker > Workgroup Management System. Click on the Admin icon on the Button bar.
- Select the option "Upgrade workgroups from versions 4.x / 5.x / 6.x to NetResults Tracker 6.7.4", then click on the Continue button. A list of workgroups that need to be upgraded to 6.7.4 will be displayed. By default, all workgroups will be selected to be upgraded. To upgrade the workgroups, click on the Upgrade Selected Workgroups button. Click OK to confirm. A page will be displayed to note the status of the upgrade process. Click OK once all workgroups have been upgraded.
- Re-activate your anti-virus software.
Your system has now been upgraded to Version 6.7.4 for all workgroups.